06 August 2007

Home

Moving. I've done it a lot. I'd like to think about how many times I've moved since I left college. I moved back home for one year. I moved to NJ and lived in the same place for 2-1/2 years. I then moved back home for 4 years (grad school). I lived in two places in DC area. I lived in one place in Boston area. I have lived in 3 places in the 3 years I've been here...and we're moving again.

It's time for me to stay somewhere longer than a few years. I really hope we can find a new place that will be a long-term house.

The thing about adulthood is that I feel many of us are trying to find a base. A place to call home. And I haven't found it quite yet. My dad's house will always be home. I spent more time there than any other place. But I want a 'home' of my own. So hoping, hoping, hoping...

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Since leaving home 10 years ago I've moved more times than I like to think about. In the 7 years I lived in SC I moved 7 times. I then moved back home for 1 year and I have been here for 2 years. I think I'll be in this house for a few more yrs but it's not our 'forever' house by a long shot!

Good luck, I hope you find your 'forever' house!