10 December 2007

Dark

As I walked up the ramp to wait for my train, I realized that it was dark. Not just kinda dark, but really dark. Yes, winter has finally taken hold. There's this moment when you go from getting dark to really being in the midst of an inky sky. And that's when you realize that it's going to be dark when you also leave from work. And so, if you don't leave your windowless office to go look out a window or to take a walk, you will be without any sort of daylight at all that day.

That's why it was good that I got outside on Saturday, despite it being cold and rainy. I went with a friend to Wembley, Ealing Road, to eat some Indian food, get my eyebrows threaded and do a little bit of shopping. I walked from my flat to the Wilesden Green tube station and then when we returned from Wembley, walked up from Kilburn Park Station (overground train) to Cricklewood. Even in the grossness, it was just lovely to breathe the air and soak up the holiday spirit while dodging the random people who decided to just STOP right there on the sidewalk and block everyone's path. Urban exercise at its best!

So I'm going to try to get out of this building a few times this week. I think it will be a sanity saver.

No comments: