02 August 2006

And then there's step five...

I am almost finished re-doing the second bedroom. Yes, I know, it's been a while. Or as I like to call it, a work in progress. I did the first coat on the window, the baseboards and around the doorway. I'm quite pleased. Tomorrow the second coat will be going on and then I'll be done with my painting...but not my work...

Friday we get a delivery of a variety of furniture...a futon, a wardrobe (no closets in the place like so many other UK flats), chest of drawers and bedside table. It will be flatpacked, so I'll be in charge of putting it all together. Luckily I am the queen of IKEA type furniture...will have my handy drill in hand!

And then soon after we'll get our new rug and it will all come together. A lovely extra bedroom for our guests and for when R. & I drive each other CRAZY.

I know...really exciting, eh? Here I am on vacation and all I'm up to is painting rooms and doing research for my wedding/honeymoon. But I like it - I feel like I'm getting something done. And guess what? Next week will bring...yup, get the trumpets going...school work. Thrilling. I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started redoing the second bedroom two years ago.

I'm still 'almost finished'.

UKYankee said...

It is a never ending process isn't...