31 July 2006

Owww!

I was just having a wonderful time. We had played a six-a-side game of cricket under cloud and sun. I had put on a bit of sun creme and didn't think that it'd be a problem. We ran around, we hit the ball, we attempted to bowl (well...some did well...I attempted). It was a blast. And then we sat outside to watch the men play and eat some food.

Two of the players went to Sainsbury's to get food. We were having a picnic on the lawn (a lovely one at that). Hoummus, spreads, brie, fruit, crisps...so much food. And then the sun. I had spent quite a bit of time outside and didn't think anything of it.

Around 2:30pm, R. picked me up to go look at carpets for our extra bedroom. And that's when I began to feel it. A prickly sort of feeling. And itch on my arm. Heat around my knee. I came out of the first carpet store, looked down, and then saw what I had done to my poor body. I was sunburned.

What a horror. I ALWAYS put on sun creme. I usually use 30+. What was I thinking to not put it on my legs or arms? The pain.

Sleeping last night was tough. I had to put my sheet inbetween my legs as the skin on skin sensation was awful. Rubbing was torture.

Woke up to continued pain. Less on my arms which have turned more golden then red. But my legs...so sad. And the worst - the front of my legs are all that are red....the back are just a light shade of tan. Which means I just look ridiculous. Sigh. Perhaps Johnson's Holiday Skin will help!

So to everyone - don't forget your sun creme! Even in England. Not only do I have pain now...but fear of future skin cancer and aging...it's just not worth it!

No comments: