22 July 2006

Being The Wifey

I still have about one month of vacation left. It is the beauty of working in academia. But it seems as though I'm going to be busy 'doing' the entire time. I started off by painting our extra bedroom...still in the process - it needs another coat on the walls and I have to paint all the detail stuff (windows, door, etc). We're buying a new rug and the furniture for it (it was an office before I moved in). After everything is done there...I'll be painting our bedroom (hopefully the furniture will arrive within a week or two or we won't have anywhere to sleep). Lots to do...lots to do.

Today I found ants in the kitchen. Ick. I have to buy some spray and an ant trap tomorrow - just didn't have it in me to trek to the shops. But I did clean the entire kitchen and put all the food away (as far & high as I could). I also fixed the caulking around the window and the back of the sink, just in case that's how they're getting in. But I don't think it totally worked. So I'll get the spray.

And due to all of this...the flat looks a mess. And as I'm the only one who is home all day long...guess who's going to have to clean it up. Sigh. While I love being on vacation and all...it does mean that I become the 'housewife' as R. calls me. Then again, I do look forward to work when I get done with summer break.

No comments: