27 July 2006

Planning, planning and more planning

Oh, the joys of planning a wedding. Now, I'm not one who wants in any way to become a Bridezilla. It's the marriage that is most important to me. But once you start planning an actual wedding and reception - particularly if it's a bit different - then it starts to be a lot of work!

So here's the scoop...

We came up with a budget. It's modest but doable for a nice wedding.

We have probably found a place in Pennsylvania for us to have the wedding. We're leaning toward Easter weekend, which may mean that a few people won't be able or want to come, but it works more for us (vacation time-wise).

Roy had a little freakout about the fact that no one from his family may be at his one and only wedding. But he still thinks it's a good idea to get married in the States.

I have put together a potential ceremony that blends our Christian and Hindu backgrounds. I'll post it eventually after I've finished it up.

I also think I found a photographer...she's seems new to it in a way, but I like the style on her website...which she's updating. I think we'd get on...and that she's take the more casual style that I like. I hate posed stuff...

But there is still lots to do and I tend to be VERY impatient about it all. Tonight will be the final decision making about the venue so that I can get an email out to the wedding coordinator there.
Doing this all overseas is hard work - thank goodness for the help I'm getting from my step-mom, dad and sis-in-law!

No comments: