17 July 2006

The Ring

Feeling a bit odd this morning. Slept quite a bit...but not a really good night sleep - woke up a few times and then went back to sleep. Will be trying to get to gym today to start off the losing weight program...as well as trying to eat healthy!

I decided to try to take a picture of my new engagement ring and post it...but I can't seem to get the detail right...so I went online to try to find a pic that is similar...and here it is: The diamond looks a touch larger here. I have a .40 carat diamond. It's small but perfectly formed (it's a 'Hearts on Fire' diamond...supposed to be the 'world's best diamond'. It's the best diamond we could find that size so it's a beauty to look at. R. calls me his sparkly girl & I can't stop looking at it. The ring is tension set (exactly same look as pic) so there isn't any diamond sticking up - it's great for someone who is active! I love it! I never wanted a big diamond and was even looking at anniversary bands as a possibility (simple is good in my book). Friends who had a bigger diamond weren't all that impressed, but I don't care...it is perfect for me and even if I had a ton more money to spare for such a trivial thing, I wouldn't have wanted anything different!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a little note of happiness...the seamonkeys did not die while we were away and not taking care of them for the 3 weeks. In fact, I can see a bunch of little baby seamonkeys in there. Woohoo...I'm not a bad seamonkey owner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's a lovely ring. :) And pooh on your friends who weren't impressed with the ring - who needs a gigantic stone to show how much you are loved? Anyway, so glad that you and R found a ring that you both love.