26 July 2006

Better

After such a disasterous Sunday & Monday, I figured I had to make up for it, if only to myself. So I've been doing some good work yesterday and so far today (it's around noon). And I'm quite pleased. For someone who is on summer break, I've done some mighty fine work.

Yesterday, I finished painting the ceiling and walls of the second bedroom. And it looks good. We decided on a lovely blue...cululous blue. It does have that sky blue sorta feel. Very calming. I also ordered furniture for it - a futon, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a bedside table. Plus, we'll be ripping up the rug tonight so I can pain the floorboards and then we'll replace it with something nice and new. It's going to look great. And it'll be a nice extra room for guests or if one of us wants to relax away from the other - do a bit of reading, take the laptop to do work, etc.

Today, before noon, I cleaned the master bathroom and the second bathroom - and that involved in one of them, scrapping paint off of the tub (never allow paint excess to dry - it's a bitch to clean!). In addition, I have started on making some peach ice lollies (ice pops)...with fresh peach, vanilla and some sugar...we'll see how they turn out! I just need to finish cooking it all, mix it and then put it in the moulds.

So - not bad for the day. I'll do a bit of prep work for dinner this afternoon and look at a few wedding ideas (we're figuring out where,when and appox who tonight!). Woo hoo!

No comments: