29 July 2006

And now a bit more...

I have promised R. that I will not become a Bridezilla. And it's most likely that I won't. But I don't think he ever expected that I'd become so organized about everything. He didn't see how I organize things before...so he's in a bit of shock as to how 'fast' everything is moving. He also doesn't realize what needs to be done for a wedding. Bet he's regretting us not eloping!

We have now booked our place for the ceremony and reception (same place). I'm quite happy about it, as it's a nice place and the woman who is the event planner is a family friend (our next door neighbor's daughter-in-law). She's young enough to get into all of this and seems to be enjoying the fact that we're going to be doing something a bit 'different'.

I have also booked a photographer and have a DJ in mind for the music. And I've sent away for a sample of a wedding invite. I know...moving fast. But I'm impatient to have it all organized and done. Since I have all this extra time in the summer, it'll be easier to do this now as opposed to later. I know I'll have to do some stuff in the future...

I hope I don't become one of those boring people who can only talk about the wedding. A bit is fine...but I know I could become a touch obsessed. So feel free to let me know if it's getting a bit much. Then again, using this forum to talk about the excitement I'm feeling is probably better than doing it to my friends!!!

------------------------------------
A little addition just an hour or so later...

R. & I were planning on paying for this wedding ourselves. I thought maybe my parents might offer to pay for flowers or something like that. But in a HUGE move on their part, my two divorced parents pulled together and are giving us $10,000 toward our wedding. This will cover, if not everything, then a HUGE part of it. I am entirely overwhelmed. I even began to cry. And I'm not a cryer. This is amazing. I'm beyond words.

No comments: