25 July 2006

Idiocy

Once you hit a certain age, drunkness just comes across as so wrong. It also means that your recovery time is HUGE. And really, you should just know better. But no...not me...I wasn't so bright. And I paid a huge price of being completely unable to do anything yesterday.

On Sunday, I played cricket. We didn't do so well and it was bloody hot. But at least it was sunny. And so R & I decided that we'd have a picnic afterwards at the cricket grounds and watch the men who were playing after us. So we headed off to the shops and got ourselves some cheese, bread and wine. So that was the beginning...and it would have been fine if we stopped there. But no, we ended up hanging out with friends after the picnic and, this is where we became stupid, played a drinking game.

At 37, I should not be playing a drinking game. My body can't handle it (which is actually a good thing). And I definitely am a light-weight when it comes to drinking. So you can imagine that it didn't take long for me to get sloppy. And that is very embarrassing to be that drunk in front of friends. And I'll have to see some of them tonight at cricket training. Awful. But I deserve it. Cause, again, I should know better. Sigh.

No comments: