24 January 2008

TTC

Trying to conceive is rather soul destroying. I know there are people out there who get pregnant their first attempt and I'm very happy for them. Those who don't have to think about it much are very lucky. Those that met their significant others when they were younger, and so have less problems, they are very lucky.

I was not ready to either get married nor have kids in my 20s. I may have been ready in my early 30s. But I know that I got married at the right time, to the right guy. And now we're trying to conceive with me at the ripe old age of 39. I know that there is a good chance that it won't happen. And so every month is tough.

We are charting, we are timing our intimate moments and with each AF (period) I die a small death. It's really hard.

In the big picture, it's not a huge thing. We can survive without having children. We're very lucky in our lives. And yet, we'll be sad if it doesn't happen.

6 comments:

Lindy said...

Hoping it happens for you and Roy soon.

Paul said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear you're having such problems. Best of luck to the two of you.

Anonymous said...

Aw good luck to you. I am a pretty big fan of just having as many intimate moments as you possibly can. I also know that it is hard but it will happen if it's meant to. There are plenty of people who get pregnant later in life. You aren't old. You are seasoned and I hope you and Roy will be blessed with a child soon.

Carrie said...

Big hugs. I'm right there with you. I'm 35 and we've been trying for 4 months with no luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

UKYankee said...

Thanks all!

Anonymous said...

Hi hun, Aisling aka LoopyNoodle from the IN board.
I just wanted to say that although we are at different ages and stages I have an idea of how you're feeling. It's been over 2 years TTC for Adrian and me and sometimes I think I'm going to lose the plot altogether. It's hard accepting it just 'might not' happen.
If you ever want to vent/talk you know where I am. :)

By the way, 39 isn't too old to have children.