18 January 2008

The urban fox


While some people might use the above term to talk about a hot looking woman who lives in the City, I am not. What I am talking about are the little foxes I've seen recently near our flat. Yes, foxes are living in London!


The urban fox is not nasty nor does it attack people (usually). Ours just likes to hope to find food when our neighbors leave the doors open to the trash hut (we have huts where we deposit our trash into large bins). I've seen them all over the neighborhood in the evenings...and they are quite cute!

You can find a great picture (which I had unwittingly used without permission & have since removed) on Jackie Freeman's wildlife photo page: http://www.freemanart.ca/JackieFreemanwildlifephotos.htm

3 comments:

Paul said...

Not really the same thing, I suppose, but here in Phoenix AZ, we have coyotes that venture into our neighborhood. They leave people alone, but we don't have a stray cat problem in our area!

We're on the edge of town, too, which might explain things a little better.

Anonymous said...

You have taken this image without permission from Jackie Freemans copywritten website.
That is unacceptable behaviour!

UKYankee said...

I apologize, I did not realize I was doing anything wrong...the picture will be taken off immediately.