12 June 2007

Tip toeing to the end...

It's exciting times in our household...only 5 more days until the honeymoon! And while we're away, some relatives of mine are staying in the flat. We started the process of getting ready last night by vaccuuming some of it and cleaning the second bathroom. Lots of laundry has been done with about 3 more loads to go (which is driving R up the wall...he can't understand how we produce so much laundry...I point out sheets and towels as taking up at least 2 to 3 loads of this, but it still boggles his mind).

On the downside, I haven't had much time to go shopping. I bought one dress, but still would like at least 2 more and/or perhaps a few skirts with cute tops. I've unfortunately grown out of some things (gotten heavier) so I need to restock cute stuff for the summer. I did try ordering a bikini (since R wants me to wear one) and Figleaves said it was shipped on the 31st of May. Is it here yet? NO! So I ordered from another company with express delivery and it should be here by Thursday at the latest. Sigh. Hopefully, I'll have time to shop tomorrow and/or Thursday.

Today is going to be exam grading day and night. I'll be crazy busy. R. will have to take care of cooking dinner. I've done some, but expect to get a group of them by this afternoon to grade. Ugh. I can't wait to be done.

Wednesday, we have to be all dressed up and go to awards day (I'm in jeans today...woo hoo). Then we pass back the exams. I can give the kids their final grades, put them in the system and then I'm finished!

Thursday, I get a mani/pedi, and then we have some faculty lunch to say 'goodbye' to all the faculty who are leaving and celebrate those who have been here forever (20 years, 25 years, etc). I'll go shopping after that if I don't get a chance to on Wednesday. And then home to start packing and do some more cleaning.

Friday will be a lost day - we have graduation in the morning, go to lunch with A. after that, dinner with A. & R and a few others...and it'll probably be a late night drinks session.

Saturday, we finish packing and cleaning, I get my bikini wax (ouch!), we pick up a couch we bought from A. & take it to my in-laws' house, and then take off for the hotel near the airport. We have a 9am flight on Sunday and didn't want to have to get up at 5am and rush to get to the airport on time (in case of train disruption or the like). Much easier...and it means our honeymoon begins on Saturday evening! We'll just be able to get up, shower and go to the airport at a reasonable hour.

So that's it. My crazy week. But it will all be worthwhile!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

It sounds like you have everything all planned out. All I can say is have fun on your honeymoon! Don't forget the sunscreen, camera, extra batteries and you might want to get a throw-away underwater camera if you are planning on going snorkeling......I guess I found a few more things to say ;-)