11 April 2007

More henna


The outside of my right hand. I love the flower pattern that goes up to my finger tips.


This is the inside of my left hand...you can see that it's quite faded compared to the outside. The right hand is even more faded.






My left and right arms...they are not as dark as my hands, but close.

My right hand. You can see that it has a different pattern from my left hand. Like my left hand, the pattern hasn't faded too much except near my finger tips.

You can see that the artist worked in R's initials onto one of my arms...he had to find it after the wedding.

My foot pattern (same on both sides) and a detail of the flowers...gorgeous!









5 comments:

Carrie said...

So wonderful! I'm glad everything went well! Post more pictures, I'd like to hear all about the wedding.

AlterinG Abhishek said...

clearly
there seems to be a major indian influence
:P
nice pics!!

UKYankee said...

Thanks...loved it!

Anonymous said...

i have seen it last time. dose it like tattoo?dose it hurt?

UKYankee said...

Unlike a tattoo, henna is temporary...it lasts 1-3 weeks and fades as time goes on. It does not involve a needle...just a paste which leaves a stain. Cool, eh?