03 December 2007

Eyes wide open

The sun is out. I can see it streaming through my classroom windows which are located way up high. It's so nice to actually see sun during this time of the year.

I tend to leave for work around 7:30am. In the winter, this is before the sun is really up in the sky. And usually it seems to be dreary even when it is 'light'. I go to my office for most of the day which doesn't have a window. And then I leave around 4pm and again it's usually on it's way to getting dark. There are days when I don't see anything but dark.

So on these days, when it is sunny out, I try my darndest to get out of my office and take a walk. Maybe during lunch. Sometimes during a regular period of the day. It's the only way to make it through the dark, cold winter here. It's why I went with my MIL to Southall this past Saturday - it was a nice day to walk around and shop the stalls. I even had to wear sunglasses. Yup, it was lovely.

No comments: