27 November 2007

STOP!

Public transportation can be frustrating even in the best of times. And usually I can just blow it off. But not today.

I saw the C-11 bus pulling past my stop as I came out of the car park this morning (we have private parking for our flat). That's not unusual so I figured I'd get the 189 or the next C-11. As I was standing on the sidewalk, trying to cross the road to my stop, I saw the 189 in the distance. Score!

There was a small break in the traffic so that I could run across just before the bus was getting to my stop. I was waving my arms to let the bus driver know to stop.

AND HE DIDN'T. That's right. I signalled to him that I wanted the bus. But he kept going.

I am not one to curse, but I just let out a storm. What a "!$£(*%*(£!!!!!

So today, I went back to the train, which I made just in time. And somehow it wasn't over-crowded too much so I didn't have to squeeze in or yell to get people to move, which is the reason why I stopped going on the train. So maybe, at least this week, I'll go back and try the train out again. Cause I am that pissed off at the buses today.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

oh Grr! I feel your pain!!!

Paul said...

I've had that happen to me, too! Flag down a bus; the driver had to see me, but just kept right on going. Frustrating!