12 November 2007

The muscles are burning...

I'm in pain. Not as much as I was on Saturday or yesterday, but definitely more than before I left for my trip to the Netherlands.

Somehow, the other coach, Marisa, decided that since there wasn't a gym in our hotel, that we should run the stairs. All TEN flights. And four times. Two days running.

Now, as you must know from reading this, I haven't gotten into much exercise as of late, especially running of any form. So here I was, pushing myself up the stairs. And that was fine. I did a great job doing it. But the results were crazy.

My calves are burning. They are so knotted it's crazy. Walking down stairs is not pretty.

Lesson learned. Well...it could be that exercise is evil...but I've decided that it means I should do more. So today I'm going to walk home from work - it takes about 50 minutes or so to get there on a good day and it's all uphill (slightly), so it'll be a good step toward that regular exercise thing that I can do now that high school field hockey is over.

Here's a pic of my team at the game:

Yes...they are crazy!

No comments: