29 October 2007

My fast

So I got up at 5:30am on Sunday to make myself a huge breakfast....I had two fried eggs, a bagel and 1-1/2 sausages, plus a few Indian sweets per the tradition. I drank some orange juice and tea. And then got ready to not eat for quite a few hours.

I spent the day watching some t.v., then going into work to grade/work on lecture, then went to see a movie (Indian, 4 Women) and then hung out at home waiting patiently for the hour that my MIL would arrive and I'd get my first sip of water and first bite to eat. It was 7-something before that happened.

But it made them happy and my DH has promised that we'll have a fancy night out on the town and a night at a good London hotel (something we've enjoyed in the past) next month. It was not as hard as I imagined. I guess that not being able to eat due to this made it easier - I wasn't really hungry, more thirsty. And I wasn't too grumpy. A purposeful fast is easier than just having to wait to eat when you are going out to dinner (or the like).

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi Ukyankie! I thought of you last night, I tried Indian food for the first time. I owed one of my girlfriends dinner for dog sitting for me and she wanted Indian. So off we went, I loved the tandor (sp?) Chicken and the potato something that came in a huge bread tube. yum!