17 October 2007

Voulez-vous couchez...?

We were staying in self-contained flats above a restaurant/bar while on our scuba trip. There were other people staying there and it is a quiet family sort of place. We've never had an issue there. But on the last night, I had a group of my boys at the door to our flat knocking and letting me know that there was a drunk man knocking on doors inside. And while we were chatting, his equally drunk friend saw me. I sent the boys off with the idea that they would not open the door again and to tell the others not to open doors that night unless they heard it was me. Then pounding began - it was the drunken guys. They did not speak English, only french. They wouldn't go away. So finally I had to get the male teacher up to talk to them. The guys were looking for 'women', were from the Ivory Coast (thus the French) and thought I might be interested...the teacher told them that they were propositioining his wife and that the girls they saw earlier in the evening were under his charge and that they needed to leave or the police would be called. It took a while, but eventually they left. It made for a late and interesting evening. I was glad we had a male teacher with us who spoke French!

No comments: