14 January 2007

And the question is...

Last night was the annual quiz night at the hockey club. I decided to head out as I needed a night out. R. decided to stay at home. Secretly, I was happy, as I haven't gone out without him in a while. And later on, he told me that was one reason why he didn't go out. We are on the same page, aren't we?

Now, having only lived in England for 2-1/2 years, there are many questions that I typically can't get. For example, as soon as I heard that one of the topics was going to be kiddy shows, I knew I was out on a limb. But our team consisted of 2 Brits, 1 Canadian, 1 New Zealander & me, so we figured we were covered.

Suprisingly, I got the first question right. Who is the Minister of Education who recently was in the news for sending her son to a private school? And having read the news and watched the news over the past year, I knew the answer...which is below... A few other areas I was good in were the food and music categories. Quite happy I have to say! I felt like a contributing member of our team.

We didn't win or even place, but we also didn't end up last. Out of 14 teams, I believe we were 8th or 9th...not too bad for our lot, team name: Draggin' (we were tired as it was our first game that day).

And to make the day even better...my hockey team won the game on Saturday! '2-0' was the score. I had a 'clean sheet' in the goal and did quite well. Not being modest at all - I rocked! Yup, it was a really good game against a good team. Very pleased to start off the year so well. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep it up.

Answer to first quiz question: Ruth Kelly

No comments: