15 January 2007

Welcome

Yesterday was one of those days that you don't think will ever happen but it does. For the past year and a bit, since R. told his parents that we were seriously dating and then engaged, they have waged a war against me. Things have slowly gotten better, but I never imagined I'd be welcomed the way I was quite yet.

I was invited to the house (yes, their house) to meet his mom's brother. We arrived, had a drink and chatted. Then lunch was served. It was great! His mom is a wonderful cook, and has made a prawn (shrimp) curry and a spicy pasta dish. Mmmmm! The conversation flowed. I actually had some fun!

At the end of the meal, before we took off to go grocery shopping (had to get out or we'd miss the shop hours), his mom presented me with a few things. First was a long gold chain. It's not something I'll wear a lot as it's not my style or length. But I'll always wear it around her. And then a cute gold ring...it is in a flower pattern with the petals having small diamond chips and the middle a dark stone. In addition, she gave me a pretty blue top (I'll wear it with trousers I think) and a red shawl. As a friend said this morning...'I'm in'.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Wow! So happy they're finally letting you in!