22 September 2007

In Memorium



This picture shoes the last time I spent with my dog, Amber. It was the day after my wedding and I was heading packing things up. Amber decided she needed to keep me there and plopped herself on my stuff. We got to have a little cuddle and then she went home to my brother's house.

I got Amber when I was working at EHS, a boarding school in Virginia. She was rescued from a family who just couldn't keep her. They hadn't trained her and she was wild. They said she was four, but when I took her to the vet, they said she was only two...and still a puppy. Amber learned to live by my rules and became a much better behaved young lady of a dog. She was a friend through all my stress of working with teenagers. And she protected me from the bad men who tried to break my heart...she knew before I did that they were not nice...or in one instance, that the guy was cheating on me. She had the best instincts...and I learned from her.

When my brother starting talking about how they'd love to have a dog, but weren't sure about training...and I knew I was going to be moving to a place which wouldn't accept dogs...I knew that she was meant for him and my sis-in-law. And they have loved her like I did. Amber became the protector of their baby as soon as he was born. I wish Ryan would have had more time with his dog.


Amber was special. And a lot of us will miss her. Someday I'll get another dog...but it won't be the same as my first 'best friend'. Love ya Amber. Miss ya!

2 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

I'm SO sorry :(

She sure was a beautiful girl.

Hugs

Carrie said...

Big Hugs. I'm so sorry she is gone.