12 September 2007

In the midst of madness...

It's been a while since I've written anything in here. But then again, I haven't exactly been spending a lot of fun or quality time on the internet. I have been, in a word, busy. It's a busy that I haven't experienced in a long time. It's been an OVERWHELMING sort of busy. One where I almost cried in front of my boss. One where I've gotten sick cause I just can't slow down. And that's huge. I NEVER get sick. Hardly ever.

It seemed to hit all of a sudden - teaching two classes, grading, coming up with a curriculum for my two programs, meeting with teachers, parents, students during day and evening (two nights out until 9pm at school), coaching and starting to play field hockey, plus all the paperwork involved in getting a bunch of groups out on a field trip to a variety of places (damn paperwork!).

So I'm tired. I feel dead. I'd love to have a sick day, but don't have the time...something that is crazy to me, but so true. I never understood people who said that until now. I truly cannot miss work right now. And once I get back to that point, I'll probably feel fine.

Tonight I'm giving my personal field hockey practice a miss. I just need the relaxation from 7pm onward. I couldn't rush home, eat a small something and then head out to practice from 8-10 pm. I don't get to bed until well past 11pm as I need to shower and relax before sleep will come. It's my one concession that may cost my place on the Ladies' First Team...and to be honest, right now, I don't care. I just want a good solid night of sleep. And time to spend with my gorgeously lovely husband.

I want to talk to him about selling our flat (which got a very low offer the other day, by the way). What to do about our estate agent who isn't sending us our contract and so we're not in any advertisement. To talk about our strategies.

One good thing that is happening today - we are having our flat cleaned for us. It will be a weekly thing. She arrived at 9am (hopefully) where Roy gave her keys and showed her the cleaning materials. I do hope it works, as it will take a lot of stress away. I never thought I'd have someone come to clean...but right now I just can't take that on as well. It'll be a short-term solution, but one I welcome!

So those are a few things I'm going to do to help keep me sane and healthy. I hope to feel better so I can go to the gym this weekend as well as play field hockey. I'm trying to eat better and drink tons of water. Even in the craziness of it all...I still try to do something nice for myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow you do have a lot going on! I do think it is a brilliant idea to have someone come in to clean....I would do that if I had the money. i hope you can keep all the pieces together.