27 September 2007

Museum trip



I went to the British Museum the other day. I was a chaperone on a field trip with the 10th graders in their European History course. As you can imagine from the pics above, the topic was ancient Greece and Rome.

I haven't been to the British Museum in ages! It was so cool! I looked at pieces from the Parthenon, old jewelry and statues that had amazing details. And this was in only a few rooms!
I am planning on going back some time this winter to see the newest exhibition, the Terracotta Army. It's a shame that I don't ever take the time, especially during the summer, to see all these amazing sites that are here on offer in London. I ought to be ashamed of myself. So I'm going to do it. After hockey season is done with the kids, I'm going to try to take one afternoon a month (at least) to explore museums.



No comments: