20 September 2007

Sad News

This is an email my sister-in-law sent to me about Amber, a gorgeous platinum blond yellow lab and I gave up when I moved....she is currently living with my brother, sister-in-law and their baby. She's so protective of Ryan...And she's the first dog I've ever owned on my own. I miss her.

"Glad all is going well. Just wanted to give you an update on Amber in case we have some more bad news later today. Amber has been struggling with her right back leg since earlier this summer. At first the vet thought she had clown out her knee. She was on some medication and limited walking. She had a great time in Maine and swam a lot. We took her back for a follow-up visit when we returned and he figured out (at least said he figured out) that her problem had something do with her spine and spinal fluid. She was limping a bit but could walk more. Basically something was effecting her nervous system as she often curled up her right back foot when she stood. Well, yesterday we can home and she couldn’t put any weight on her back right leg. She was fine in the morning and Ev picked up Max earlier in the afternoon and said something was wrong with her back leg. I assumed just that she was limping a bit. Worse than that – she is basically a 3 legged dog at this point. We have a call into the vet and will most likely be in there some time today. She can eat and drinks her water, but can’t move much beyond the door way and it took lots of effort just to take her out to pee. She can’t do anything else. I’m very worried, but she is at least in good spirits and eating. I tell you this not to worry you, but just to let you know and keep you updated. I have a bad feeling in my stomach, but we’ll just have to wait and see what the doctor has to say.Sorry to lay this on you know, but I didn’t want more information to be a total shock. Take care, C."

Edited on 21 Sept: Here's a pic of my lovely dog with my nephew...she's always trying to be around him. They find out today if she needs to be put down. Keeping my fingers crossed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. That is sad. I hope she is ok.

UKYankee said...

Thanks!

Carrie said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you and her.

Carrie S

Have the T-shirt said...

What a beautiful baby (both of them) Keeping my fingers crossed, hope you get good news.