10 March 2006

I love being in an environment where not only is intellectual conversation encouraged, but it also actually happens on occasion. I spend most of my lunch breaks not doing work like the majority of people in the working world, but sitting at lunch with some of my colleagues, talking about 'stuff'. I have learned about the varieties of smoked fish in Europe, how to find a decent cab in India, what sights to see that aren't in the guidebooks and which countries I definitely do not want to visit until I've seen every other one (which probably means I'll never see these). It's great to work with such an international group of people who are willing to share their experiences with someone who, compared to them, is quite wet behind the ears. I have done some travelling, but nothing compared to some of them. And as I'm planning on staying here for life, I guess I'm not entirely in a hurry. There are other important things...such as paying for driving lessons and heading back to visit my fam & friends this summer. But it will happen.

The extra cool thing about the conversations is that I begin to think about where I want to go. And it's changed quite a bit since moving over here...I want to go to countries I had never really heard about, like Mauritius or Seychelles or Goa. I want to see Warsaw, explore the rest of the UK and go work with the monkeys in Madagascar.

No comments: