06 March 2006



PA and prats

I had quite a shock when I arrived at the platform of the St Johns Wood tube station today...there was an ad for tourism to PA. Yes, Pennyslvania. Now, don't get me wrong. I love my home state. I lived quite a lot of happy years in PA and have spent time all over the state due to friends and family. It's a great state in many ways...green space, a fun city, more and more growth, decent skiing. But still. It's PA. And I'm living in London. What person, who either lives, works or plays here would want to go to PA for a visit? I could understand tourism for the US to be in the St Johns Wood tube station - it's quite an American enclave. Maybe even one for DC or NYC. But not where I grew up. Nope. It's just not that cool (sorta like me!).

My afternoon shockers continued when I went to my hockey club to pick up my goalie kit. I walked into the car park and there was guy letting the air out of the tires of a Mercedes. He took one look at me and took off. Yeah...good thing mate. You showed him. You're better than him cause of that. Yeah. What a prat.

Then the finale. I was just about to get on the bus and some little shit decided to throw his water bottle on the ground. Was there a garbage bin right next to where we got on? Yes. I yelled at him but he took no notice and preceeded to make fun of me unti he got off. I swear that teens these days have no regard for anyone. I mean really, how hard would it have been to walk one extra step to throw out a bottle? Yes, child, you are one reason why my new country is going to be covered by arctic ice in the not so distant future...you are one of many who don't really care about anything other than yourself...and someday we'll be covered by sheets of ice in the next ice age...cause you don't care enough to take care of any part of the environment. It's just not your 'thing'...

No comments: