04 March 2006

Mummy's boy

R. left to go skiing today. He's going with a bunch of guys who he's known since his early years at primary school and from work. I think it's great that he's taking off and doing a guy's weekend.

Now since early December, I've pretty much lived at R's flat. I do go to my home once in a while to gather clothing and I have slept there a few times since the new year...but not more than once in a week. This is changing this week. While I'd love to stay at R's place as it's quite warm and cosy, it turns out his mom wants to look after the place and sleep here (an excuse to get some privacy I suppose). Which means I have to go back to mine for the week. Now obviously I do like my house and flatmate. The house is huge with two floors, 3 bedrooms and a lovely back garden. And my flatmate is my closest friend from work. She's also originally from the same general area that I am from in Pennsylvania. So we click. But still, I hate the fact that I didn't have a choice. That mummy came first. That he couldn't say 'no'. And it fed into my anger at him not asking me to marry him yet.

His current reasoning as to why he hasn't asked me is that he hasn't had a chance to really talk to his dad...as his cousin is staying there and dad won't listen to him. Personally I think it's bunk. I'm the type of woman who would go to her parents and say, "Listen, y'all. This is what I'm doing. I'm getting engaged to this lovely guy. I'll be asking him tomorrow. Just wanted you to know." But he won't do that. I do know that I'm going to be the alpha woman to his beta man in this relationship. And there are going to be some issues over time due to this. But he does have about one more month to work on getting to the point where he can ask.

Counseling seems to have gone to the wayside - primarily due to the fact that we haven't gotten called back by the counseling centre...very unprofessional! And thus I'm not calling them to ask why...I wouldn't want to work with someone who handles things like this. I am exploring other options, but it will be more for someone to talk to R. later cause I think he'll need it. But man, this is a pain! What is it about me and mummy's boys?

No comments: