17 March 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day...sorta

Well...it's St Patrick's Day...and I'm in the UK, so you'd think I'd really get into celebrating it. The thing is - I don't own green clothing. It's just not 'my colour'. So perhaps I ought to buy something, but I just don't care enough. I know if I walk down my neighbhood high street, I'll be able to find green shamrocks up the wazzoo...and perhaps I ought to buy something from the dollar store just for shits & giggles. But the thing is - tonight I'm not going out, I'm hanging at R's, who is cooking up a lovely lamb curry (yup, so very Irish) for friends who are leaving us after this weekend (moving to Australia). So not in an Irish state of mind. Plus I have a hockey game tomorrow in the early a.m...have to meet at the clubhouse at 9am (darn it!). So...can't really drink (which is, as you know, the purpose of the holiday), am not wearing green (the official colour) and not even going to eat anything Irish of any sort. Man this is making me grumpy. Oh, well...Happy St Patrick's Day anyway. Sigh.

No comments: