27 March 2006





So very yummy

I introduced R. to Borough Market this weekend. For the first time since late August I had a Saturday free!! We slept in a bit (8:30am), made a yummy french toast breakfast (haven't had those in years) and then got onto the train. The Jubilee line was down so we had to go on the Northern line, but it ended up being faster anyway. Borough Market is so impressive...you are surrounded by food, smells and sounds. Horns tooting, people yelling out, vendors explaining their wares. Cheese, earthy veg, lines for the choritzo sandwhich a mile long with the smoky smell of meat drawing in the crowds. We bounced from stand to stand, tasting a bit of this and gazing longingly at that. If we had the money we would have left, completely loaded down. As it was we found seabass (whole) for £3 each, an amazingly smooth & tasty bit of cheese and a wonderful San Fran sourdough bread..the likes of which I haven't tasted in years. If you get a chance to visit London and you want to astound your senses...this is the way to go. Lush. Lovely. And so very yumm!

p.s. I can't believe I've posted over 50 blog posts. For me, that's impressive...I tend to start diaries and never keep it up...cool!

No comments: