09 March 2006

Walk the Walk

I received the notice that a place has been allocated for me in the Playtex London MoonWalk 2006! I'm very excited about this. I have done a walk to support breast cancer research & work back in Boston so I'm happy to do one in London two years later. In the Boston one I walked for two days (sleeping in a tent the night between)...it was a marathon and 1/2. This walk is a marathon (26.2 miles) that begins in London at midnight. And I, along with my team, will be walking along in our decorated bras and tiaras. Yes, I will post pics! It's going to be great for several reasons:
  1. I have a goal to work toward (workout).
  2. I tend to lose weight when I do a lot of walking (woohoo...maybe lose that stone I gained after meeting R.)
  3. I'll be part of a team of some women from work and some new women I don't know...very happy to get to know people better through this.
  4. I'm raising money for a worthy cause.
  5. I have worked with families regarding this issue and walk in memory of the young women and young men who have lost a parent, grandparent, friend or family member to breast cancer.

I've already begun to put together a fundraising website: https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/ukyankee

I have high hopes for this walk. And the personal outcomes of fitness and friendship. Yup, it's a really great thing!

No comments: