23 January 2007

Brainless

I know. It's been a while. I just haven't felt any creative spark as of late. I think the weather turning to cold, the demands of the end of a semester (grading and figuring out grades) and a fiance who can't sleep very well has all taken it's toll. I even had to take a sickie yesterday.

But I've gotten just about everything done. Grades are in and onward. I wrote a college rec for a kid. Did my attendance. Taught my class. I only have to make a quiz for the next class. And that's it.

Boring, eh?

On the positive side, I did go out this weekend on Saturday with a bunch of women from work. Two of them are new this year and one came along around the end of my first year. Very nice and lots of fun. We went back to Ealing Street to do threading & waxing stuff (not for me), and just to look around. Then off to dinner for dosas, which are kinda like a filled pancake. Mmmmm! It was so much fun! And good to connect with some new people without talking shop at all.

Another good thing is that I seem to have my groove back in hockey. While we lost on Saturday, 2-1, I have to say that I made some awesome saves. The goals against me were worthy goals - the first was in a one-on-one with moi (stopped the first attempt but not the second) and the last (very frustratingly) was in the last seconds...I made an amazing split save which hurt like the dickens (that's how hard it was shot), but a person got the rebound and flicked it over my leg. It was frustrating as we were definitely playing well. They just got the luck.

So overall the weekend went well. And I'm feeling a bit better. Still lacking a good thought process (poor kids), but trying.

No comments: