18 January 2007

Cha-cha-cha-changes

I have always had kinda crazy eyebrows. Not out of control once I started plucking them, but they'd definitely end up all over the place if something touched them.

I wanted to get them shaped, but hated the thought of wax near my eyes. Heat, burning...yeah, not really a good idea. So I kept away from the idea and just attempted to do my own. I'm sure it looked fine, but just not 'groomed'.

Yesterday, I went with another teacher to meet up with the Admin Asst. to the High School Headmaster. She just went on maternity leave and so wanted to get out of the house. We met in Wembley and then took a bus to Ealing Road...it has a very South Asian feel to it with sari shops, Asian food stores and jewelry shops featuring 22 ct gold.

As we were looking at bangles and the like, our colleague mentioned that there was a small salon where she typically got her eyebrows threaded. Now, I had heard of this but wasn't quite sure about it. She then mentioned that it would cost between £2.50 and £4 to get it done depending on where you went. Wow! That's CHEAP. So both the other teacher and I decided to try it out.

It didn't really hurt. A bit of a sting at first and then fine. And it was quick...5 minutes max. I came out and I had much smaller brows. Instead of the comma, I had a single line of approximately the same width going across my forehead. I looked like I had them 'done'.

I definitely see a difference and I'm not sure my face is meant for dainty eyebrows. But I'm letting them be. Seeing what I think. Maybe I can carry it off. We'll see. But it's making me want a skinnier face...perhaps that will be the motivation for me to eat better...need to see cheekbones to fit the eyebrows. Hah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be scared of waxing too but now I love it! I used to get threading, not anymore. Try waxing, you'll love it. Waxing's not scary at all and actually better than threading!

UKYankee said...

I tried waxing on my upper lip, but I tend to get ingrown hairs from it (never a good look on the face). It seems as if threading is working better...we'll see!