09 January 2007

Joiner

I joined the I-Village Community Challenge to lose weight. Now, every time I try to lose weight I tend to actually gain it. I think I rebel against the idea of a diet and purposely sabbotage myself. Not sure why, but it seems to happen. But this time I have a goal and purpose - wedding and honeymoon (bikini thoughts are very motivating!). I'm still kinda anti-diet, but know I have to change something as I get older or I'll just keep gaining weight.

So - little steps. Writing down what I eat on the community site. Adding comments to the blog. Feeling more responsible for what I do. So we'll see. I'm weighing myself tomorrow - Wednesdays seem like a good day to do it...Mondays are too, Monday-ish. And that will be my beginning point. It's less than 3 months to the wedding and 5 months to my beach honeymoon...my goal is to lose 1/2 pound a week (very doable) so that by the time I head to St. Lucia, I'll be 11 lbs lighter...and maybe more? We'll see.

And then I want to keep it off. That's why this has to be slow and has to be doable for life. I'm not giving up wine or chocolate or carbs. But I can eat a bit less, exercise a bit more (that includes walking more places instead of busing it or tubing it. Little steps. Small steps. I can do those. I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ukyankee -- I lived in London for a while and am also engaged (to an American - I've been back home for ages now). Spending time in London changed my life, I loved it! We have some things in common! Thanks for sharing so much on your blog - I'm enjoying comparing notes! - LaraChick

UKYankee said...

Glad you are enjoying. Best of luck with YOUR wedding planning...and let me know if you are ever in London!