08 January 2007

Holy moly change of direction!

R. came back from going to his parents for lunch yesterday and told me all about the conversations that he and his parents have been having about our wedding/marriage. There have been some movements on their side in a VERY positive direction...

1. If health permits, then they both want to go to the wedding. Serious. Wow.

2. R's mom offered me her wedding sari to wear. I already have my dress being made...but isn't that cool?!

3. R's mom also wants to give me some jewelry but thinks that her good stuff might be too dated. She then talked about getting it melted down and made into something else. Wild.

4. They are potentially going to host a gathering after our wedding here. At a resaurant or bar. For friends. Sweet. (they have no clue how many people would want to come so they might bulk at having to pay for it all...but as we were planning on paying for something like this, it'd be nice to have some help!).

5. The family wants us to go to India...and so we're looking at heading there to meet his family during the winter holiday time. It'd be great to head back to Delhi again (though cold) and I'd get to check out Amritsar (Golden Temple) for the first time. Cool!

So things are a-changing with my future in-laws. Quite a turn around from only one year previous. Crazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am so happy for you. You must be on top of the world and I am sure your honey is excited that some of the tension is gone. Congrats!
Hayley

UKYankee said...

Thanks! I am on top of the world...we'll see if any of this happens, but the fact that they are talking about stuff is an amazing step. Again, thanks!

Buffy said...

I can't believe she's willing to melt down her own jewellery for you.

Looks like someone made it into the good books! :)