03 January 2007

Nothing

It's back to work time. And it's tough. Yes, I know, I can't complain as I did have a long vacation...but I would have loved just one more day to be totally on my own and relaxed. Yesterday was spent doing a ton of cleaning, running errands, etc. I did some relaxing, but...well...just not enough. While I like being active, I also can appreciate a full day of doing nothing taxing.

Yup. Nothing.

Now, I don't want to do nothing all the time. It's quite boring to be on your butt for days on end. Believe me. I had to do that once. I had knee surgery and for about one week I was stuck between my couch and my bed. And after a while, daytime television and reading just don't do it!

But one full day of complete and utter no thought, no movement...mmmm...that is lovely.

The good thing is that I have another vacation in about one month and one week. It's a good break as everyone is thoroughly sick of winter by then and we need a time of fun...or at least sleep...by then. The first day or so, I'm sure I'll be cleaning and doing laundry or running around getting stuff. But on that Wednesday, while R. is at work, I'll read, watch a movie and a bit of bad television. Yup. That's the plan. And then we'll head to Paris on Thursday, which I'll be ready for as I'll have had my 'nothing' sort of day.

So...what do you do to unwind? Are you able to do it? I know some people just can't appreciate the art.

No comments: