11 January 2007

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your curl away

I hate wind. While the weather has been quite warm over here for this time of the year (especially at night where the lows are in the high 40s and 50s...warmer than in July), it's just darn awful windy.

Why is it a problem? Well...when you have long curly hair there are a few:

1. You can't see at times. The hair in face makes it tough to see the traffic zooming toward you. So life is a bit scary.

2. Hair in mouth. Never a good feeling or look. And it doesn't taste so good.

3. Curls get blown out. Yes, I have fine curly hair, so it means that my curls easily lose their curl...be they under a cap or pulled back. Wind, for some reason, seems to pull the curl out. So instead of my pretty spirals, I have this mass of random curly bits, wavey bits and straight bits. Interesting.

I've tried the pulling back of the hair, but that doesn't work as I have all these little bits of hair all around my face that seem to never grow...so I end up looking like I'm wild...hair sticking up everywhere. Not pretty. At all.

So...wind. Wish it would go away. But it's not gonna. Sigh. I hate not being in control

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year Blogging Anniversary!
Hayley

UKYankee said...

Thanks...it's been a very interesting and eventful year...here's to even more!