29 January 2007

Money, money, money. It's a rich man's world.

R's parents asked if we'd be willing to have some sort of ceremony here. Noooooo! I just did not need that sort of stress. Cause what this means is that we won't be able to just have a small little drinks night with friends...it means we'll have to figure out how to have a wedding here for a very small budget. It may mean that we have to have a sit-down dinner. And it means that I can't invite as many people as I'd like. Ugh!

But we're not sure what they mean by this and whether they'd be willing to pay for something. Cause R & I just won't have a ton of money to put toward another whole wedding.

We're still going to have a drinks evening...we'll probably have it at the hockey/cricket club. We'll just put some money behind the bar and tell people that drinks are on us until the money runs out.

Now the whole reason that R's parents are asking for this is that his dad probably won't be able to make it to the wedding due to ill health. He can't travel easily. So I do understand why they want this. I just hope that it's doable and not too much expense for us. We still have to finish paying for the wedding, a honeymoon to pay for, I'm the matron of honor for my best friend in June...it's going to be an expensive time.

No comments: