30 August 2006

I see you!

As you may remember, I love to watch people....on the sidewalk, in the tube...yeah pretty much everywhere. There's just so much facinating stuff going on and we don't know the half of it. Too many people don't take the time to slow down and check what's going on in the world around them.

So this weekend, my psychology classes are getting a chance to do some naturalistic observations. It's their first project of the year. They have a choice of three different things to do:
  1. observe a group of people interacting...this will be done in pairs
  2. observe children & parents interacting in a playground
  3. observe people in school doing their thang

I can't wait to see what happens in this project...it's always interesting to read what teenagers have to say about what they observe. It gets you thinking...what would I look for? how would I interpret this differently?

So perhaps today is a good day to think about your world. What do you see? How is your experiences influencing your interpretation of events? Could you 'see' in a different way? Could this change you...your behaviours...your world?

No comments: