08 August 2006

It's a comin'

So today I got my "Save the Date" cards. And they are soooo cute. I'd love to show them to you but for some reason the uploading function is not working for me today...perhaps another day!

So now comes the hard part...finding people's addresses, remembering spouse's/boyfriend's names and then addressing a gazillion of these cards. We're sending a load of them out knowing that most people will not come, especially R's family in India and a few friends here in the UK. I expect that we'll probably end up with around 75 guests, most of whom have known me since I was a baby - so an older crowd. But I'll also be surrounded by some close friends and family too.

It's so exciting (for me at least...you might be bored to tears with all this). Instead of flowers on the tables, I'm having red candles and silk rose petals...I'm not a cut flower kinda girl...hate to buy something that expensive that's going to last about 1 day. At least people can grab the candle holders and take them home, along with some rose petals if they want. I'm waiting for info from one of the DJs I'm looking at (got one bit of info) and the photographer is sending my contract by the end of the week. There are so many things to look into. And I'm kind of a research geek sort, so I'm in my mode!

But back to reality...out of someday bride mode. It's time to eat a little something before cricket training and then take off. Life is good.

No comments: