10 August 2006

Terror and a normal day

Happiness is not flying. I woke up this morning to find out that security alerts have gone up to their highest in both the UK and US...glad that I did all my flying earlier in the summer, glad that my old flatmate, A., arrived back in the UK on Monday and glad that I don't have any other trips to go on for a while. Yes, I could still fly, but who wants to have to check in all your baggage. I love having handbaggage, just in case my bags get lost. I love bringing water with me as I can never get enough on the flight...now even mothers bringing milk for their babies will have to drink some of it to prove that it's not an explosive. I feel like I'm back to the 9/11 time...similar restrictions.

No, today, there will be no flying. Instead I'm getting my hair done (roots done & highlights...getting old is a bitch). And after that I'm meeting A. for lunch. I'm working out with R. after he arrives home from work and then we're going out for Indian food. And hopefully going to bed early (again, that aging thing). Nothing too exciting...but necessary for body & soul.

The more fun day will be tomorrow...I'm heading to Little India to look at potential wedding outfits. I'm joining a new friend I made through an web board, who is Indian and will be a great host in this search. So not only will I be shopping, but I'll also meet a cool chick for the first time. I'll take pictures so that you can see the cool things I looked at too!

No comments: