24 August 2006

Inconceivable...

Oh. My. God.

It's the first day of school and I JUST (at 10:30am) got a chance to check out my fun email (usually it's one of the first things I do after checking work email). And there it was. You won your Ebay bid. Hee hee.

Here's the thing. I decided for shits & giggles that I would put in a ridiculous bid for a wedding dress. It's quite pretty and simple...which I would want in a wedding dress.



But I never expected to win it. I put my total bid to top out at $25 (that's about £18...which I spend on a meal quite regularly). I truly thought it'd be topped quite easily, as most of the wedding dresses I saw were being bought for $125+ (some even higher). But this one didn't. I got it for $20.25. Crazy. That is £10.70 for me. That's almost the price of a movie. That's about what I pay for a few drinks out. And I bought a dress for that. Unbelievable.

I'm having it sent to the US (my dad's address) so that I can try it on when I visit in Dec. I may wear it to part of the reception....not sure yet. Or perhaps, may not wear it at all, if it's not too great a dress or it doesn't work with my bod. For that price, it doesn't really matter!

Here's to Ebay...now we'll see if the seller actually sends it to me!

No comments: