20 August 2006

Light sleeping and a loud boy

I love my guy. R. is amazing. But sometimes he makes noises during the night that make me want to punch him in the face.

Last night I was tired. Very, very tired...and we had stayed up to put in our new fridge & try to make it fit in the box that the stupid people who had lived in the flat before us had installed. It didn't work well and so we kept trying and trying...thus staying up a full hour later than I hoped for.

R. was exposed to dust and had been drinking heavily the night before, so his throat was a bit rough. I was hoping though, that he'd be okay during the night.

No such frickin' luck.

I can't even describe fully the noises that came out of his body at 3:30 a.m. Grinding throat things, snorty nose things and mumbling were all on display. I tried, but it was just not going to happen...nudging him just made him make more noise. So up I got, gathering bedding along the way, and pulled out the newly delivered futon in hope of some sleep. And if I didn't have to get up for a cricket game that ended up being cancelled, I would have slept in like a teenager home from college. I can say that our new futon mattress is lovely to sleep on, and the room temp was comfy. It's easy to open the thing up while in a hazy fuzz, so I know that I'll be spending quite a few nights there in my years with R.

I'm still unhappy that I had to do this and would love to get my revenge (I won't cause I'm a nice fiance)...but if it's the worst thing about R. then I think life will be hunky dorry with him. I can put up with a few nights on 'the couch'.

No comments: