15 August 2006

Winner

I went to see the England Ladies' Cricket Team play against India yesterday. It was a great game...and we won!

I met the captain of my cricket team at Lord's. It is one of the best known cricket grounds in the world...and a really cool ground to boot. We were lucky that her mum knew a member, so we were invited to go into the Pavillion. It's an amazing facility. It reminded me some of the buildings at Princeton with the old polished wood, the pictures from the 18th century...the 'old boy' feel!

We went to the top of the Pavillion and watched the match. What a view! It was a great experience as I was able to see how the players moved their feet, what they did with their bat and how they watched the bowlers. I learned quite a bit.

Had to leave before we actually won, but it was looking good around 6:15pm (there was a late start due to rain...shocker).

Met up with my old flatmate, A., for dinner downtown. We went to one of our fav's, Belgos (which I believe I've talked about in the past). Mussels and beer are a great combo!

Then headed home to see the guy. As per usual, he gave me a huge hug upon seeing me. Isn't he the best?!

No comments: