04 September 2006

Let's do lunch

As you know, things have not been great in terms of R's parents and me. They have kept trying to push us apart. But it's mainly his dad. R has always stated that his mom would be more interested in meeting me and starting a relationship...that she wants to see him happy.

Last week, my df's mom met with him for lunch to chat. He finally told her that we had set a date, that the wedding was going to be held in the US and that things were moving forward (I have to admit that I've been putting the pressure on him to do this). She reacted relatively well. He then also told her that he couldn't keep coming over for dinner and leaving me behind at the flat. It wasn't fair as I was going to become his wife. She cried at the thought of him not coming over, but he emphasized that there was a way to get around this and that was meeting me and having me come over too.

So...last night we were sitting watching t.v. when his mom calls. She said that they now want to meet me. Holy cow! My df is going to meet with his dad first to set down some ground rules (such as, don't interogate her, don't accuse her of anything, etc)...and then we'll figure out when to meet.

I'm happy about this but also VERY nervous. I know they don't want me in their lives and are only doing this to not lose their son...but at the same time I know I want to do this. It's probably going to be awful at first, but hopefully more meetings will bring some respect and perhaps even liking.

I'll keep y'all updated about this future meeting. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: