21 September 2006

Sleepy sleepy

I can't imagine what I'm going to be like if I ever have a baby. This week has been rough on me due to lack of sleep. R. is having bad elbow issues again - he has bursitis, which basically means he has liquid on his elbow. It's gross. And his doctor didn't do anything to relieve it. From what I understand he's supposed to have it drained. I'm truly hoping that he goes to the Emergency Room (A & E) to get it done as it's been quite a few days...

And that gets me to my initial point. Lack of sleep. The poor boy hasn't slept well due to this issue. He turns and bumps it, wakes up in pain and then my sleep gets messed up. While I typically love sleeping next to him, this week has been a trial. It's not that he totally wakes me up...but I'm such a sensitive sleeper that it just disrupts it enough. And so I'm tired. Yesterday I was so tired that I had to close my door at work and just cry - the stress of life was just hitting me and with lack of sleep & PMS...I was a goner.

At this point I'm having a tough time putting my thoughts together and saying normal words. Which will make "Back to School Night" just a joy...yes, I will be expected to talk to parents about my psychology class and to any who want to talk to me about counseling kids. I hope I can hold it together tonight. It's going to be a long day - started here around 8am, have field hockey practice in the afternoon (a run & chalk board session) and then we start again at 6pm until at least 9pm. Sigh. But that's what we get paid the big bucks for...ha!

Happily our boss is letting us wear jeans tomorrow, so that will take away some of the thought process in my evening...just pick a shirt and that's it. Easy peasy.

So hope for the best...that I survive meeting the parents tonight and make it through tomorro!

No comments: