24 September 2006

Modelling

I've been looking through an Asian bridal mag (Asian over in England means anyone of Indian or Pakistani descent). There are amazing pictures of women in saris and lehenga cholis. I'm trying to get some ideas for wedding outfits, hair and beauty. It's a gorgeous magazine...but they don't have a lot of Asian women who are modelling for it. It's mainly filled with lightly tanned Caucasion women.

Why? Is it that they can't find Asian women to model? Or is it that the 'ideal' for women is white, slim, etc? I hate to see that the Asian magazine isn't exclusively using Asian models. It just sends a bad message. I'd personally wonder if my own look wasn't 'right'...similar to the experience I have when I rarely see anyone with curly hair...are my curls 'bad'?

No comments: