20 December 2006

Arrivals

Hi! Yup, I'm here in the USA. It's been quite a trip, I have to say...I'm still a bit tired...my mind is not quite up for the time change...but overall - I'm loving it!

I arrived in Newark about 1/2 hour late. Poor dad, having to wait for me to arrive. But c'est la vie. We drove to NEPA in his new car (comfy) and decided that since I was on overdrive (second wind or more), we might as well stop by my brother & sister-in-law's place to greet the new baby. Well...let me tell you that Ryan is cuter in person. He's still sleeping and eating more than anything else. Then again, he is only a week or so old! I got to see the humorous situation that baby boys get themselves into - aka...the 'in the air pee'. Yup, boys when they are babies, end up peeing in the air pretty much whenever you take off their diaper. My sis-in-law, C., forgot to cover this up one time while I was there and the geiser erupted. She was in a state of giggles (it's still funny), while poor Ryan was crying his eyes off (it was cold having someone take off all his clothing). I got to hold him after (in his new warm clothing) and it was heaven!

The following day was my bridal shower. It was awesome! We went to a 'tea room' in the area. It was pretty much newly opened and so very few people even knew of its existence. There were a lot of impressed guests. We started off picking out the hats that we wanted to wear - well, I was given a 'bridal' hat so I didn't get to choose. And then the pictured commenced. I have to say that I am the goofy one in all the pics! And if anyone sends one to me, then I'll post it. I don't mind making fun of myself...

We had tea, scones, sarnies, soup and desert. It was fab. And of course, there was the prerequesit opening of the presents. Now, let me tell you, I don't usually mind being the center of attention. But this whole sitting in front of women and announcing who got you what - it was my own private version of hell. I didn't let anyone else know this, but it was bad. But I got through it was some very yummy gifts. From cook books to a nativity scene to a frying pan to a few bits of moolah...yeah, it was nice. And I guess worth the embarrassment!

Well...that's it for now. There will be more on wedding stuff to come...happy holidays!

No comments: