27 December 2006

Goodbye...until April

Today I leave to go back to the UK. It's been so hectic and busy the past few days that I just didn't have time to post. Mostly family stuff but also wedding things too...

I've met with the event coordinator at my ceremony/reception site. I think it's going to be a great place to have this wedding. The plan is to have a tent outside next to the river...with it will come the heating lamps (just in case). If the weather is good then we can have the sides up and have the beginnings of drinks as well...we'll see. We don't need the tent, it would just be nice. I'll see how my budget looks.

I've gotten most of the invitations ready and they should go out by the end of the week or so...early I know, but with me living overseas I have to be a bit more organized. Plus lots of people will have to start planning now for flights (I have to get ours, in fact!). The invitations were a nightmare - couldn't get a printer to work and the other one made the envelopes look horrid. So I had to drop them off (the US ones) to a printer. I did all the stuffing of the inner envelopes, so all my sis-in-law (who is taking over this job) needs to do is stuff them into the outer envelope and put on the pretty stamps and send them.

I've celebrated a birthday (yesterday) with lots of food and worry about the weight of my suitcases (I'll have to spend $100 on sending some stuff home, which is annoying!).

I spent time with my grandmother who is 91.

Christmas was lovely and crazy and family. We laughed, yelled, rolled our eyes, but ultimately just loved spending time with each other (and the food was awesome!).

It's been worth it to come home. Overall it's been good. Stressful (with some tears) but good.

And now I'm off to the UK once again, not to return until the week before my wedding (in April)...and happily will see my honey tomorrow morning. I can't wait.

No comments: