24 December 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Wednesday:
My final big day of wedding planning...and boy was I busy!

At 10am I went to talk to the salon about a hair/makeup trial, nails for the girls & moi and then the time for my wedding hair & makeup. It didn't take long. They were trying to sell massages and the like...but that's what I have my honey for! ;-)

Then I ran to the florist and put down a deposit as well as showed her pics of my dress and gave her a bit of the fabric I had for colours. She thought it was gorgeous (it is...ya gotta trust me here).

And on to the jeweler. I picked everything out, asked for our wedding date to be put on the inside of the rings and paid for it all. And best of all - IT CAME UNDER BUDGET!!!! Happy day!

I spent some time with Catie & Ryan, and then went back to cook diner for the 'rents. I used one of my new cookbooks (love them)...and made fish & chips with mushy peas. I thought I'd bring a bit of England to them. And it worked. The fish was crispy outside & tender inside, the chips were fully cooked (thick cut french fries) and the mushy peas were nice and creamy with bits of pea all throughout. Mmmmmm! Yummy. We then proceeded to eat tons of cookies. While not good for the waistline, it was perfect for my taste buds!


The next few days are a blur of running around, doing a lot of shopping (needed a new suitcase to fit everything!) and eating & drinking lots of food. Nothing much went on in terms of wedding stuff, other than to pick up the matting we'll use for the wedding guest signage.

Today we went to church in the morning, followed by a small tea in the annex. Saw lots of people I haven't seen since I was very much younger. And then on to see my Nanny (grandma) in the nursing home. She's 91 and doing okay, though not as well as she'd like. I hope she's okay for my wedding as I'd love to have her there. She's coming over for Christmas dinner tomorrow.

We'll be having a traditional Polish Christmas Eve dinner this afternoon, followed by another round of church. As a non-religious person it's a bit much...but it is tradition, so I'll go along!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: